Numbered lists are the easiest way to update a blog, right?
1) Lauren has a tooth (bottom center on the right, same first tooth Aidan got)!
2) She learned how to crawl over the weekend (we thought she might skip it, so this is exciting; see pictures below)
3) After feeling like I had been doing nothing with Aidan except scolding him for this or that, I took him on a little adventure last Friday to visit some friends (see picture below). Thanks to Jessica for talking to me on the drive home to keep me awake while Aidan snoozed!
4) Lots of birthdays coming up in our family: Aidan turns 4 on 6/1, me on 6/2, my Aunt Karen on 6/15, my grandpa on 6/16, Bethie (my mom) on 6/25, and Lauren turns 1 on 7/2.
5) Aidan is obsessed with the human body ever since reading "The Magic School Bus Inside the Human Body." He is particularly interested in the esophagus and intestines, as well as the bloodstream--red blood cells, white blood cells, platelets, etc.
Aidan & Mama's excellent adventure
Thanks Wendy & family for the cutie sweater!
Sunday, May 06, 2007
We all enjoyed our first May Faire at our friend Jonah's school yesterday. Aidan saw a puppet show, got a yellow star and a blue sun painted on his face, participated in his first cake walk, and enjoyed popcorn and ginger cake with whipped cream. My friend Wendy (Jonah's mom) held Lauren while I made a flower wreath, which was very fun for me!
Today is the one-year anniversary of my dad's death. We have all been thinking of him and wishing he could be here to meet his amazing granddaughter. We think he would have just loved her spunky personality and busy nature. He was a very special, fun and always funny dad and I miss him all the time.