Saturday, March 03, 2007

First day in Taipei

Saturday we did some sightseeing with Mei-Ru (the guide from our adoption agency). She drove us to the Martyrs' Shrine, lunch and then to the Shihlin residence and gardens. It was very hot on Saturday and Aidan had a bit of a tough time with the sightseeing. He was much happier when we got back to our hotel and went swimming. He napped from 8:30 to 10:30 in the morning, and we all managed to stay awake until 7:00 p.m. He and Ryan slept until 5:30 Sunday morning and I slept until 3:00--a big improvement! We are thinking Lauren will probably want to stay up later than we do. Here are the pictures from Saturday!

Family at the Martyrs' Shrine:


Aidan saying "I want to go out of this place!":


Detail of Martyrs' Shrine:


Aidan and Grandma Bev at the Shihlin gardens:


Pigs made of flowers! There are a lot of pigs around since the Chinese New Year celebration (the year of the pig) just ended. Aidan loved watching a woman watering the pigs.




4 comments:

taiwanbaby said...

The pigs are so funny!

bigplastichead said...

I love the pig topiary with the big firecracker. I think I am going to put one of those on my front lawn. My neighbors will love me!

Ann said...

I missed take off. Okay, so I'm up to date. It's going to be a great week!!

Sherry said...

I remember those pigs! LOL! That garden is beautiful isnt it:)